We want you to get the most out of the IC Wellness Center! Whether it’s learning from us or from each other, this is the place for members to start and share their journey to better health. That’s why it’s important to outline some basic guidelines for how we want to interact.
- Freely express your opinion in a respectful manner. We want this to be a safe space for people to share their personal experiences and find support. The IC community has an abundance of knowledge. When we speak to each other with respect and consideration, we will all get so much more value out of the forum.
- Use language that is kind and empathic. All members deserve this basic courtesy.
- Offer support. Many members might be on a difficult journey. Sometimes all it takes is one “hang in there” for someone to feel better.
- Welcome new members. Remember that sharing your experiences for the first time can be a scary thing. Help new members feel comfortable by saying “hi” and introducing yourself.
- Share interesting information. Whether it’s your own experiences, something in the news, or the latest research, feel free to share relevant information that could help others in the IC community.
- No use of disrespectful or intolerant language. Anyone found to be using obscene, vulgar, insulting or in any other way, harmful comments will be blocked from this forum. This includes SHOUTING IN ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- No advertising or commercial posts. We are here to support each other, not sell to each other. While links containing resources of interest to other members may be permitted on a case by case basis, they will not be permitted when they are for the sole purpose of selling, soliciting or promoting one member’s interests.
- No sharing of personal information. The safety of our members is our priority. Do not give out your phone number, address, or any other identifiable personal information in a public forum. No sharing of pornographic or sexual material. Because one person’s suffering from IC can impact an entire family, we want to keep this a family-friendly environment. Any sexual content or comments will not be permitted.
- No sharing of off-topic content. We want this forum to be a valuable resource to all those on the journey to better health. That means working together to keep the content useful and on-topic.
- No diagnosing or giving professional medical advice. While we encourage medical professionals to engage in our forum, please remember to talk with your doctor or nutritionist before implementing any new supplements or medications.
- No disrespecting the moderators. IC Wellness moderators are here to serve you and help make this the best experience possible! Please respect them.
IC Wellness moderators reserve the right to restrict access to any members who do not abide by these rules, as well as edit or delete any posts that violate these guidelines. Thank you for helping to make our IC forum a safe and valuable experience for all!