- 1/2 avocado, ripe 1/4 cup hummus or cooked chayote squash
- 1/4 Cup fresh basil
- 1 Cup spinach or basil
- 5 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice can omit
- 1 Teaspoon pine nuts
- 2 servings cooked pasta or zucchini noodles sautéed
- 2 Tablespoons almonds, chopped or with nut of choice
- Cook noodles according to directions.
- Place the avocado, basil, spinach, oil, salt, yeast, garlic, lemon, and pine nuts in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. If it is dry add extra olive oil.
- Toss pesto with the cooked noodles and enjoy. Can top with chopped almonds if desired.
This recipe sounds good but if you are sensitive to high histamine foods, this will trigger a flare for you. Avocado, spinach, almonds, lemon. Also hummus contains a lot of high histamine ingredients. I have to sub so many ingredients that I don’t think it’s one I want to try
Elisabeth Yaotani says
I understand. Many people with IC are bothered by foods high in histamines due to histamine intolerance. However, not everyone with IC has issues with this so we try to provide recipes that offer plenty of options.