- 1 16 oz. bag frozen cut green beans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons vegan butter can use raw or Irish butter
- 5-6 shallots sliced
- 8 ounces mushrooms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chickpea or gluten-free flour
- 3 cups plant based milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup gluten-free bread crumbs can use 1 slice of gluten-free bread and tear into pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large saucepan, combine the green beans, salt, and ¾ cup water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer about 8 minutes until tender, then drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add the shallots and sauté for 2-5 minutes until tender.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute until fragrant, then transfer to the large bowl.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, melt 4 tbsp butter and whisk in flour, cooking for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add in milk and simmer for 4 minutes to thicken, then remove from heat.
- Add mixture to a large bowl, toss to combine, and transfer to a 1 1/2 qt casserole dish.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter and combine with the breadcrumbs and almonds. Sprinkle evenly over the top of the casserole.
- Bake for 30 minutes until lightly browned and serve!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.