|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||1 hour|
- 1 5 pound Organic Whole Young Chicken Innards removed
- 1 sweet onion peeled and quartered
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 stalks celery cut into chunks
- 2 medium carrots cut into chunks
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 1 handful parsley
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 4 whole garlic cloves peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt I prefer Kosher Sea Salt
- 6 cups filtered water
- Place all ingredients inside Instant Pot, place lid on and lock in place.
- Press the Soup cooking function key and increase the time to 60 minutes.
- Once finsihed allow the pressure cooker to release naturally before opening the lid.
- Remove the lid and allow the broth to cool for 30 minutes.
- When cool to the touch carefully remove the chicken. It may fall apart so remove pieces using tongs.
- Remove meat from bones and set meat aside.
- Strain the broth using a strainer or cheesecloth and discard contents.
- Use broth immedialty in another recipe (check out our Homemade Chicken Soup), or store in mason jars or storage container. Seal lids and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. You can also freeze if stored in a sealed container.
This recipe is perfect to use if you want to make a warm pot of homemade chicken soup. You can use the chicken for another recipe or store in the refrigerator to use later. Keep the broth on hand for future recipes or better yet, drink 1-3 cups a day to aid in gut repair.
Leave a Reply