- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons stevia or monk fruit can use coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot powder
- 1-2 tablespoons cold water
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add blueberries, 1/2 cup of water, and sweetener. Stir frequently, cook for 5-10 minutes until bubbling.
- Smash some of the blueberries with a fork if desired
- In a small bowl, whisk the arrowroot with 2 tablespoons of cold water.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and slowly stir the arrowroot mixture into the blueberries.
- If needed, simmer the sauce for about 5 minutes to thicken.
- Remove from heat and gently stir in extract and serve.
The perfect alternative for cranberry sauce! This sauce pairs nicely with turkey or pound cake. You can also add it to yogurt or spread it on top of toast.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.